CLEVELAND CINEMAS RE-OPENS THE CEDAR LEE THEATRE AND CHAGRIN CINEMAS
Cleveland Cinemas is pleased to announce that are now welcoming guests back into our Cedar Lee Theatre (2163 Lee Rd., Cleveland Hts.) and Chagrin Cinemas (8200 E. Washington St., Chagrin Falls) locations.
“Like most Americans, I’m excited to get back to the movies,” says Jon Forman, President of Cleveland Cinemas. “The magic of the movies is something that brings us together in the most trying of times. While the current crisis is on-going we know that going to the movies is an important part of our culture and we have taken steps to make our cinemas as safe as we can for our patrons and staff.”
Cleveland Cinemas new safety protocols include:
- Social distancing markers in lobby to ensure proper space between patrons in lines.
- Touchless purchase options at the box office and concession stand.
- Patrons will be encouraged to purchase tickets online at clevelandcinmeas.com or fandango.com in advance to reduce points of contact.
- Staff members will have temperatures taken before clocking in for shifts.
- Staff members will be required to wear masks while working.
- Staff members will be required to wash their hands frequently.
- Staff will routinely disinfect frequent customer touch points.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at registers.
- Patrons will be required to wear masks while in the building except when eating or drinking.
- Auditorium seating capacity will be reduced to 50% and seats and rows will be closed to ensure social distancing during the films.
- Showtimes will be spaced further apart to reduce crowds in lobby as well as allow for more time for cleaning and disinfecting the auditoriums between shows.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.
Your safety is our focus. Find out more at cinemasafe.org.
Please note that we have designated the first showing on Monday to accommodate our at high risk patrons.
The Apollo Theatre (19 E. College St., Oberlin), Capitol Theatre (1390 W. 65th St., Cleveland) and Tower City Cinemas (230 W. Huron Rd., Cleveland) will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
Support Cleveland Cinemas by watching a film in our Virtual Screening Room
Cleveland Cinemas has partnered with our friends at several independent distributors to bring some excellent films to your home while we are closed. This is another great way to support Cleveland Cinemas during this difficult time. 50% (sometimes more!) of all revenue when you use the links below will directly go to supporting the Cedar Lee Theatre, Capitol Theatre, Chagrin Cinemas, Apollo Theatre and Tower City Cinemas.
New films will be opening in the virtual screening room each Friday so check this page for updates.
Cleveland Cinemas Cell Phone Policy
Cleveland Cinemas has a strict policy in regards to cell phone or tablet usage in our theatres. Anyone using a cell phone, tablet or other electronic device during the presentation may be asked to leave without a refund.
Please be courteous to those around you while you are watching the film by making sure your phone is turned off (not on silent or vibrate mode).